The new wave of healthcare reform is all about improving quality and patient access while reducing costs. One way to accomplish this goal is by moving away from paper-based medical records and adopting electronic health records (EHRs).
The switch from physical desktop computers to virtual PCs is a big part of this transition. Virtual PCs offer several advantages over their physical counterparts, especially regarding healthcare quality and patient access.
Also, the healthcare industry is more open to change now than ever. So, let's look at eight ways virtual PCs can help improve healthcare quality and patient access.
Cloud PCs Service: Explained
One of the most popular technology trends in healthcare today is the Cloud PC infrastructure (VDI). VDI is a desktop virtualization solution that delivers a desktop operating system and applications from a central server to end users.
With VDI, every user has their own cloud PC that is stored on the central server. When they need to access their desktop, they connect to the server using a remote desktop protocol (RDP) client.
The main advantage of VDI is that it helps reduce IT costs by centralizing desktop management. It also improves security and compliance because sensitive data is stored on the central server instead of individual desktops.
Cloud PCs Service vs. On-Premise Desktops
The biggest advantage of cloud PC services is that they can be accessed anywhere. All that a user needs is an internet connection and an RDP client. Therefore, doctors can access their patient's records from any location, which is crucial for providing quality care.
- Cloud PCs are More Secure: A cloud PC service's other big advantage is that it is more secure than traditional on-premise desktops. A VDI system stores all sensitive data on the central server instead of individual desktops. The increased security makes it much more difficult for hackers to access sensitive information.
- No Need to Worry About Maintenance: With a cloud PC service, there is no need to worry about maintaining or upgrading individual desktop computers. All desktop management is centralized on the server, which makes it easier and more cost-effective for IT departments.
- Improved Collaboration: Cloud PC services can improve collaboration among healthcare providers. With VDI, doctors can access patient records from any location. The improved collaboration makes it easier for doctors to consult each other and decide on treatment plans.
- Cloud PC Services are Scalable: Cloud PC services are very scalable, which is perfect for growing healthcare organizations. With VDI, organizations can easily add more users without worrying about the added cost of hardware and software.
- Cloud PC services offer step-by-step disaster recovery: The final advantage of cloud PC services is that they offer a step-by-step disaster recovery plan. Disaster recovery ensures that patient care is not interrupted in the event of an unforeseen incident. In the event of a disaster, IT departments can quickly and easily restore the cloud PC service from backups.
8 Ways Virtual PCs Can Strengthen Healthcare Quality and Patient Access
Here are eight ways virtual PCs can help improve healthcare quality and patient access:
1. Fully Managed Virtual PCs Environment
A fully managed Cloud PC environment takes the burden of managing and maintaining Cloud PC infrastructure off of your IT staff so they can focus on other priorities. This solution includes regular patching and updating of the operating system and applications and around-the-clock monitoring to ensure optimal performance.
2. Virtual PCs are Highly Secure
Security is built into a Cloud PC infrastructure. All data is stored on the central server instead of individual desktops, so it's much more difficult for hackers to access sensitive information. In addition, Cloud PC environments can be easily configured to meet HIPAA and other compliance regulations.
3. Virtual PCs Improve Collaboration
The cloud PC infrastructure makes it easy for doctors to access patient records from any location. The infrastructure allows for better collaboration among healthcare providers, leading to improved patient care.
4. Virtual PCs Enhance Mobility
Doctors can access patient records from any location with the cloud PC infrastructure. This enhances mobility and makes it easier for doctors to provide quality care to their patients.
5. Virtual PCs are More Efficient
The cloud PC infrastructure is more efficient than traditional desktop computing because all desktop management is centralized on the server. This makes it easier and more cost-effective for IT departments to manage cloud PC environments.
6. Monitor Server Farm Load
A big concern with the cloud PC infrastructure is server farm load. With the right tools in place, you can monitor server loads and ensure your cloud PC environment is running optimally.
7. Improved Backup and Disaster Recovery
With the cloud PC infrastructure, backup and disaster recovery are easier to manage because all data is stored on the central server. The backup and disaster recovery make it easier to protect your data and ensure that you can quickly recover from any disaster.
8. Virtual PCs are More Affordable
The cloud PC infrastructure is more affordable than traditional desktop computing because you don't have to purchase and maintain individual desktop computers. In addition, cloud PC environments are very scalable, so you can easily add more users without worrying about hardware and software costs.
Cloud PC service solutions are becoming increasingly popular in healthcare because they offer many benefits that can improve patient care. If you're looking for a way to improve the quality of care you provide, a cloud PC infrastructure is definitely worth considering. You can't go wrong with a cloud PC solution from vDesk.works.
vDesk.works' Windows cloud PC solution is perfect for Healthcare organizations because it is highly secure, scalable, and efficient. With vDesk.works, you can ensure your data is safe and sound while still providing the best possible care for your patients. Contact us today to learn more about how our Windows cloud PC solution can help your healthcare organization.